BUSINESS TO BUSINESS
Direct Mail Company
Number of Program Participants: 15
First Year Results: $1,377,616
Participating Organization Profile
Full service direct mail and fulfillment company with two facilities and over 500,000 sq. feet of office and warehouse space.
Organization’s Key Objectives
1. Eliminate customer credits
2. Document processes to facilitate training
3. Eliminate duplicate processing
4. Ability to respond positively to customer asking about improvement programs
Result of Program Implementation
• Implemented nine (9) ideas for action with a first year savings of $330,624.
• Post-Program: Quantified another ten (10) ideas for action worth $736,775 in first year savings.
• Total savings: $1,067,399.
• Implemented fourteen (14) ideas for action with a first year savings of $143,425.
• Post-program: Quantified another seven (7) ideas for action worth $166,792 in first year savings.
• Total savings: $310,217.
• Implemented twenty-three (23) ideas for action with first year savings of $474,049.
• Post-Program: Quantified seventeen (17) additional ideas for action worth $903,567 in first year savings.
• Combined savings: $1,377,616.
What They Say
Building Products Inc., founded in 1957, is a large supplier of building materials. The company implemented our Measurable Management program in all of their key locations.
In 2008, in a market with the number of new homes in sharp decline, numerous manufacturers have reported drops in the demand for their products as much as 30 to 50%. In this very same downward cycle, Building Products Inc. achieved record sales and did so without increasing costs.
What made this incredible success story possible?
A survey of customers revealed that Building Products
Inc. significantly outperformed their competitors in customer service. The speed, frequency and accuracy of deliveries have been a deciding factor in choosing Building Products Inc. as their preferred supplier. One customer was quoted as saying, “They are like my own personal warehouse”.
Lee Schull, President of Building Products, is quick to point out that our Measurable Management program was instrumental in developing a workforce that is both acutely customer-focused and financially aware.
Chris Fischer, General Manager, said, “I hear our people, on a regular basis, give credit to Measurable Management for the improvements that they have implemented”.